I. REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION
Each competitor registering for and participating in any of Du Motion
(hereinafter referred to as: Organiser) races (hereinafter referred to as: Event)
agrees to the following terms and conditions:
1. I am aware that I may take part in the Event only if I fully and truthfully complete the registration form, pay the entire registration fee and unconditionally accept these rules and guidelines of the Event.
2. I warrant and declare that I am fully authorised to register for the Event via the website of the Event and that I am authorised to use the credit card or other means of payment stated by me to pay the registration fee. I declare that I will not reverse or challenge the credit card transaction, the digital transfer or the direct debit collection.
3. If I register a third party for the Event, I declare that I am authorised to make that registration on behalf of that third party. I accept that these terms and conditions apply to me as well as to any third party for whom I act as representative or agent.
4. I am aware that my registration is final. The registration fee is payable on registration and non-refundable.
5. I accept that my registration is personal and non-transferable to another person unless the Organiser so expressly allows.
6. I accept that my registration is non-transferable to another Event unless the Organiser so expressly allows.
7. I declare that I am at least 18 years old on the day of the Event, or if I register for another person who has not reached the age of 18 years old on the day of the Event, I declare that, as that minor’s statutory representative, I have given permission for his or her registration and I accept that these terms and conditions on behalf of the minor.
8. I agree and accept that the Organiser reserves the right to decline/cancel my registration at their own discretion, in which case the registration fee will be refunded to me. I accept the Organiser is not liable for any other costs.
9. I am aware of COVID-19 participation requirements and will provide one of the following documents upon arrival and package pick up: valid EU Digital COVID certificate, negative PCR test or rapid antigen test, Certificate of recovery or Vaccination certificate.
1. I agree and confirm that by registering and participating in Event I am entering the race(s) exclusively and solely at my own risk, that I am familiar with the Event rules and that I will abide by the said rules, aware that my participation in Event brings along potential hazards and risks which can result in various bodily injuries, including death.
2. I will hold no individual(s) or the Organizer responsible or accountable for any accident, injury and loss to myself, prior, during or after the Event, including all the potential risks and hazards that could result in various bodily injuries and/or death. I will indemnify the Organizer and the Event against any damage incurred by third parties as a result of an act or omission with regards to the Event for which I am to blame.
3. I agree and accept that the Organizer is not responsible for any kind of damage or injury I experience at Event’s race(s), either directly, indirectly, separated or related to, caused by my own negligence or fault, or by the negligence or fault of other competitors or third parties, prior, during and after Event.
4. I agree to abide by the officially published Event’s rules, during, prior and after Event, including the directions regarding safe movement, the conditions of participation issued by the Organizer, the directions issued by judges, security personnel and other individuals engaged at the Event.
5. I hereby waive my right to legally pursue any kind of indemnity or compensation for any kind of damage or injury or loss which occurs during or in relation to my participating in the Event.
6. I declare that I am adequately insured against the risk of loss incurred by me or my surviving relatives as a result of death, injury or sickness caused by my participation in the Event.
7. I am aware that participation in the Event requires a good state of health. I have to check myself, that I am medically, physically and mentally fit to take part in the Event and that I have adequately prepared for the Event by means of training and otherwise.
8. I will respect and comply with any decision of the Organizer regarding my ability to participate in the Event.
9. If, despite the provisions of paragraphs 2 and 3 in this section, the Organizer is nevertheless deemed liable for any loss incurred by me, my surviving relatives or my representatives, the Event’s liability for that loss is limited to the amount paid by the Event’s or the Organizer’s insurer in respect of that loss.
III. RACE RULES
The races of Du Motion - Runners’ Days Dubrovnik are organized by Dubrovnik Sport Federation in collaboration with partners.
Anyone who has reached the age specified for a particular race and is not subject to a start ban is entitled to start.
Required minimal age for
Dubrovnik Half Marathon - 16 yr
Run the Wall - 16 yr
5K - 10 yr
Lapad Run - 10 yr
Runway Run - 16 yr
Each competitor will be given BIB number and a timing chip (both provided by Organizer). All the competitors have to wear their BIB numbers and timing chip during the entire race. BIB number has to be clearly visible at all times, placed either on competitor’s chest or belly and cannot be covered by a backpack or any clothing item.
Competitors who run the race without their bib properly attached and displayed may not have their finish time and split times recorded, may not be listed in the results, and/or may not receive credit for finishing the race. If competitor’s BIB is lost on the course, s/he has to report it to the Organizer immediately after the race.
BIB numbers are assigned by the Organizer to each specific competitor and may not be transferred, reproduced, replicated, or modified under any circumstance.
Dubrovnik Half Marathon - 3 hrs
Run the Wall – no time limit
5K - 3 hrs
Kids' Race - no time limit
Lapad Run - 2 hrs
Runway Run - 1hrs
WATER & AID
Water and aid for competitors will be provided at stations placed along the race tracks and/or at the finish line.
Unofficial pacers or other unregistered competitors are not permitted on the course, nor are they permitted to provide assistance. A competitor who receives assistance during an Event from anyone other than official medical personnel may be disqualified.
If a competitor quits due to his/her injury or in case competitor is
not able to proceed to the next water/aid station or to the finish
line, s/he is obliged to contact Organizer by cell phone.
All the competitors are kindly asked that, in the above mentioned
case of quitting the race, or in the case of witnessing injury or
injuries of other competitors, they immediately contact the following
person in charge:
Contact person: Alen Bošković
GSM +385 98 98 042 30
A competitor shall be disqualified in case s/he uses any kind of transport vehicles during the race, in case of moving outside the designated race track, in case of exchanging or replacing the BIB numbers, in case of breaking the code of sport behavior or in case of disrespecting the Organizer’s decisions.
If a competitor hasn't completed the entire course, s/he will be disqualified. Competitor with missing or irregular split times at official timing checkpoints will be reviewed and may be disqualified. If a competitor must leave the course, s/he can rejoin it only at the point at which s/he exited.
A competitor may be disqualified from the Event and any future Events of the Organizer if he/she fails to comply with the rules and guidelines of the Event.
RIGHT TO APPEAL
Appeals are to be submitted to Race Director in a written form, no more than 3 days after the Event’s conclusion.
MODIFICATION, POSTPONEMENT AND CANCELLATION
Organizer reserves the right to make the changes related to race track, water and aid stations, to delay the Event and/or times of the Event, to stop the Event once it is under way, or to impose a back-up route, at any time and without previous notice. Competitors will be informed of all the changes via Event's official webpage.
The Event will take place in all weathers. However, upon the occurrence of any event, or series of events beyond Organizer’s control, whether such event or events, individually or collectively, are considered force majeure or not, materially and adversely affecting Croatia, adjacent region, and/or European union including without limitation:
- extremely bad weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, typhoon, earthquake, lightning and explosion
- civil or political unrest, strikes (whether lawful or unlawful), lockouts, slowdowns, natural catastrophes, epidemics, pandemics
- acts of war or terrorism
- any other form of disturbance in the host country, adjacent region, or the European Union;
the Organizer may make changes in the execution of the Event, postpone or cancel it for safety reasons or due to official orders at any time or at a late date. In aforementioned cases participants are not entitled to a refund of registration fees already paid, nor is the Organiser liable for any other costs.
PERSONAL DATA & CONSENT FOR MEDIA USE OF IMAGES
I give the Organizer express permission with regard to the personal data provided by me and my results/split times in the Event:
- to include them in a file; and
- to make them available to third parties; and
- to use them to open an account in which the personal data provided by me and my results in the Event are processed, which account will in future allow the Organizer to access my personal data and my results in the Event.
I give the Organizer permission to use my personal details (contact details and email address) to send information to me and to register my results in the Event.
I give the Organizer permission both during and after the Event to process and publish my name, date of birth, place of residence, competition results, and if this is part of the ranking categories of the event age and gender, for instance by publishing them in newspapers, via the Internet and via social media.
If I wish to withdraw this permission at any time, I may send an email with a request to that effect to firstname.lastname@example.org
By applying for and participating at Event, I agree to grant consent that any and all photographed and/or filmed material can be published, used and emitted publicly and otherwise used for the purpose of Event’s promotion.