WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Each competitor applying for and participating in any of Du Motion
(hereinafter referred to as: Event) races agrees to the following
terms and conditions:
1. By my act of application and participating at Event race(s), I confirm that I enter the said race(s) at my own risk. I will hold no individual(s) or Event Organizer (hereinafyer referred to as: Organizer) responsible or accountable for any accident, injury and loss to myself, prior, during or after the Event, including all the potential risks and hazards that could result in various bodily injuries and/or death.
2. I agree and accept that Organizer is not responsible for any kind of damage or injury I experience at Event’s race(s), either directly, indirectly, separated or related to, caused by my own negligence or fault, or by the negligence or fault of other competitors or third parties, prior, during and after Event.
3. I am solely and exclusively responsible for any kind of damage or injury inflicted, either by the third party or by myself, or to which I contributed by my own negligence or fault.
4. I agree to abide by the officially published Event’s rules, during, prior and after Event, including but not limited to the directions regarding safe movement, the conditions of participation issued by Organizer, the directions issued by judges, security personnel and other individuals engaged at Event’s fieldwork and organization.
5. I hereby waive my right to legally pursue any kind of indemnity or compensation for any kind of damage or injury or loss which occurs during or in relation to my participating in Event.
THE RULES OF RACE
The races of Du Motion - Runners’ Days Dubrovnik are organized by Dubrovnik Sport Federation and The City of Dubrovnik in collaboration with Dubrovnik Tourist Board.
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
Required minimal age for
Dubrovnik Half Marathon - 16 yrs
Run the Wall - 16 yrs
5K - 10 yrs
Runway Run - 16 years
All the competitors agree and confirm that by applying and participating in Event they are entering the race(s) exclusively and solely at their own risk, that they are familiar with the rules of race and that they will abide by the said rules, aware that their participation in Event brings along potential hazards and risks which can result in various bodily injuries, including death.
BIB NUMBERS / TIMING CHIPS
Each competitor will be given BIB number and a timing chip (both provided by Organizer). All the competitors have to wear their BIB numbers and timing chip during the entire race. BIB number has to be clearly visible, placed either on competitor’s chest or belly and cannot be covered by a backpack or any clothing item.
Dubrovnik Half Marathon - 3 hrs, Run the Wall – no time limit, 5K - 3 hrs, Runway Run - 1hrs
WATER / AID STATIONS
Water and aid for competitors will be provided at stations placed along the race tracks and/or at the finish line.
If a competitor quits due to his/her injury or in case competitor is
not able to proceed to the next water/aid station or to the finish
line, s/he is obliged to contact Organizer by cell phone.
All the competitors are kindly asked that, in the above mentioned
case of quitting the race, or in the case of witnessing injury or
injuries of other competitors, they immediately contact the following
person in charge:
Contact person: Alen Bošković
GSM +385 98 98 042 30
A competitor shall be disqualified in case s/he uses any kind of transport vehicles during the race, in case of moving outside the designated race track, in case of exchanging or replacing the BIB numbers, in case of breaking the code of sport behaviour or in case of disrespecting the Organizer’s decisions.
RIGHT TO APPEAL
Appeals are to be submitted to Race Director in a written form, no more than 3 days after the Event’s conclusion.
CHANGE OF RACE TRACK AND RACE CANCELLATION
Organizer reserves the right to make the changes related to race track, water and aid stations, at any time and without previous notice. Competitors will be informed of all the changes via Event's official webpage. In case of extremely bad weather conditions, race(s) can be cancelled.
CONSENT ON MEDIA USE OF IMAGES
By applying for and participating at Event, all the participating competitors agree to grant consent that any and all THE photographed and/or filmed material can be published, used and emitted publicly and otherwise used for the purpose of Event’s promotion.